Daily Prompt :You win a contest to build your dream home. Draft the plans.
First of all I’ll be too happy that I won a contest! I never win anything. So plans for a new home… I’ll leave the actual planning to the architects and designers otherwise I might design something that even burrowing animals wont enter. I’ll break down into points what I would love to have in my house.
1. I don’t want anything too big. Big houses never look like a home to me. What I need is a home not just a house. That said, I don’t want anything too small either. I won a contest so they better build be something good!
2. I need a big garden. I grew up in a house full of flowers and trees and I prefer that my house also has the same and I would love if there was a patio overlooking the garden.
3. I want a perfect bedroom.Perfect shade of a color on the walls, pretty curtains, perfect lighting and of course a beautiful bed.
4. I need a big kitchen. I might not be the best at cooking but it’s something I enjoy so no comprise or adjustments when it comes to this area of the house.
5. A wall to ceiling bookcase.As I love the feel of reading an actual book I tend to buy a lot of them and I intent to buy more in the future so this is a necessity. Right now I only have space to keep 50-60 books the rest are locked up in a trunk.
6. Wide open spaces as much possible with natural lighting.
That’s all I can think of in such short notice. I might come up with more in future but this is all for now.
Ever had a dream that scares the bejeezus out of you ? I had one last night and the creepier thing is it’s the third time I’m having the same dream, as far as I remember. There are a few dreams you remember even after waking up, this is one of those for me. That’s why I know I have seen it before even though it’s been some time since I saw it last.
There isn’t much that happens in the dream. It’s middle of the night or early morning or something,anyway it’s really dark. I feel like there is something outside the house so I look out the bedroom window. My bedroom is on the first floor overlooking the road. It’s dark enough that I can’t see much, other than that a man is standing just outside the house. I can’t see his face or any other features, just a silhouette in the small amount of light coming from the street light. I’m scared in the dream and somehow I know that he’s upto no good and that he’s NOT really human. At this point in the dream I’m feeling terrified.I just keep peeking out the window again and again. The guy doesn’t move, just stands there. The last time I peek I see the guy right outside my window and he jumps at me(the window has disappeared by this time). This is the point where I wake up! I don’t see a face, even at close range, just blackness. That’s enough to terrify anyone in a dream right? Try having it trice!
I know people interpret dreams and all that but I don’t think any such thing is worth wasting my time. If you choose to believe in all that then whatever, it’s your decision. No one is ever going to make me believe in psychics and palm readers. I don’t have a problem with nightmares but I really hate it when they wake me up because most of the time I can’t go back to sleep. Once I wake up I know there is nothing to be scared of but in the dream my mind the whole thing is ten times more terrifying.
I racked my brains trying to come up with some other topic for the day but nothing else surfaced and the headache I’ve got is not helping. So I think I’m going to get into bed and sleep early. Hopefully, no more nightmares tonight.
Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. -- Bruce Lee
Life according to one of life’s truly gifted naturally born wafflers… an open diary of a Saffer in a different land... life in the greater Dublin & Leinster area. (Blogging since 2011) My quests fuel my dreams… my dreams fuel my quests!!