This week’s photo challenge theme is Fresh.
Perfect timing for the theme. I clicked these photos a few days ago and was planning on posting them .
These are the leaves of a lily I have in my small garden. They remain fresh, green and beautiful like this for the whole year except for the two months when the flowers start blooming at which time all of the leaves fall out.
Daily Prompt :You win a contest to build your dream home. Draft the plans.
First of all I’ll be too happy that I won a contest! I never win anything. So plans for a new home… I’ll leave the actual planning to the architects and designers otherwise I might design something that even burrowing animals wont enter. I’ll break down into points what I would love to have in my house.
1. I don’t want anything too big. Big houses never look like a home to me. What I need is a home not just a house. That said, I don’t want anything too small either. I won a contest so they better build be something good!
2. I need a big garden. I grew up in a house full of flowers and trees and I prefer that my house also has the same and I would love if there was a patio overlooking the garden.
3. I want a perfect bedroom.Perfect shade of a color on the walls, pretty curtains, perfect lighting and of course a beautiful bed.
4. I need a big kitchen. I might not be the best at cooking but it’s something I enjoy so no comprise or adjustments when it comes to this area of the house.
5. A wall to ceiling bookcase.As I love the feel of reading an actual book I tend to buy a lot of them and I intent to buy more in the future so this is a necessity. Right now I only have space to keep 50-60 books the rest are locked up in a trunk.
6. Wide open spaces as much possible with natural lighting.
That’s all I can think of in such short notice. I might come up with more in future but this is all for now.
This photo was taken in 2011 during a practice session on hunting skills . The mother cat was not my pet but was a frequent visitor and decided that my house was good enough a place to raise her kids.
These guys were quite adept at finding things to play with. As they grew up their mom started giving them lessons on hunting using ropes, paper balls or live rats. She would show them how to crouch, how to pounce and how to kill.Needless to say I wasn’t a fan of the live rat sessions because that meant I had to join them and I try to throw away the rat before they created a mess.
When this photo was taken their mom had finished a demo and left them to continue on their own while she watched from a distance. In their little kitten minds the rope probably took the form of a snake. They pounced and tugged and chewed it for a long time. Then got bored and went back to running around the house.
Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. -- Bruce Lee
Life according to one of life’s truly gifted naturally born wafflers… an open diary of a Saffer in a different land... life in the greater Dublin & Leinster area. (Blogging since 2011) My quests fuel my dreams… my dreams fuel my quests!!