I tried to take a new photograph for this week’s photo challenge but it’s been grey and cloudy skies day after day and no hint of any shades of sunset or the sun. So I decided to go with a photo I took a year ago. I clicked it while travelling to Mookambika temple in Karnataka.
For those who haven’t seen in already I’ve included two other photos I posted before that was taken around the time of sunset.
Daily Prompt :You win a contest to build your dream home. Draft the plans.
First of all I’ll be too happy that I won a contest! I never win anything. So plans for a new home… I’ll leave the actual planning to the architects and designers otherwise I might design something that even burrowing animals wont enter. I’ll break down into points what I would love to have in my house.
1. I don’t want anything too big. Big houses never look like a home to me. What I need is a home not just a house. That said, I don’t want anything too small either. I won a contest so they better build be something good!
2. I need a big garden. I grew up in a house full of flowers and trees and I prefer that my house also has the same and I would love if there was a patio overlooking the garden.
3. I want a perfect bedroom.Perfect shade of a color on the walls, pretty curtains, perfect lighting and of course a beautiful bed.
4. I need a big kitchen. I might not be the best at cooking but it’s something I enjoy so no comprise or adjustments when it comes to this area of the house.
5. A wall to ceiling bookcase.As I love the feel of reading an actual book I tend to buy a lot of them and I intent to buy more in the future so this is a necessity. Right now I only have space to keep 50-60 books the rest are locked up in a trunk.
6. Wide open spaces as much possible with natural lighting.
That’s all I can think of in such short notice. I might come up with more in future but this is all for now.
Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. -- Bruce Lee
Life according to one of life’s truly gifted naturally born wafflers… an open diary of a Saffer in a different land... life in the greater Dublin & Leinster area. (Blogging since 2011) My quests fuel my dreams… my dreams fuel my quests!!